Thursday, October 1, 2009

MONSTER HEAD RACES II - WIN A FAMOUS MONSTERS MAGAZINE SIGNED BY FORRY

Welcome to the second annual Monster Head Races! Eight nefarious noggins have gathered to find out who is the fastest, the luckiest, the meanest and the ugliest Monster Head to be crowned the champion.


The best part about the race is that you can participate and maybe win this Famous Monsters magazine signed by the late great Forrest J Ackerman. As a tribute to Uncle Forry, we’re giving away Issue #42 dated 1966 with the exciting Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman cover by Ron Cobb.


Dr. Ackula signed it in the lower left corner during the 1996 Science Fiction convention, Archon 20 in Collinsville, Illinois.


Also, as a bonus, the winner will be getting his/her/its very own autographed 8" X 10" photo of Vlad!

The gory rules -

In the comments section below, enter the name of the Monster Head that you think will win the tournament. Last year Mole Man won and he’s back to defend his title! If you don’t have a Blogger account set up - you can still enter. Just make your comment as “anonymous” and when you do, be sure to mention your email address and first name.

Pick one of these Monster Heads - Cyclops, Ro-Man, Godzilla, Saucer Man, The Blob, The Fly, King Kong or our returning champion - Mole Man.


You must have your selection posted in the comments section no later than Monday October 5th at 11:59 p.m. to be eligible.

Only one guess per person.

This contest is open to all ages and all countries.

All seven races were filmed last Saturday night and no one knows the outcome of any race except for me and Vlad and we’re not telling a soul.

If more than one person picks the winning Monster Head we’ll throw the names of the people with the winning Monster Head into a cauldron and Vlad will randomly pick a winner. If no one picks the winning Monster Head, then we’ll pick a name from everyone who entered the contest.

The first race will air on Tuesday October 6th right here on Weird Hollow and the other races will follow every Thursday and Tuesday.

Ghoul luck!

33 comments:

John Rozum said...

I vote for Ro-Man. I also suggest that Mole Man be checked for steroid use.

Viking Wolf Woman said...

My money's on King Kong.

Dex said...

The Fly!
Although I am sad that the Creature was not able to return this year. He coulda been a contenda!
Hey John!
A: Love the Scarecrow
B: Love your work on TSS!!

Mike Middleton said...

The Blob will devour all competition!!

Shawn Robare said...

I truly feel this year belongs to Godzilla! If he doesn't win, watch out for your home town because I hear he throws one mean hissy fit...

rpchurch said...

I've got to say Cyclops. I hear he's training with Rocky Balboa's old manager, and he's switching from southpaw this year!

K0dama said...

Saucer Man! He's so far out, he's in!

bettieblackchurch said...

Ro-Man; definitely Ro-man. He's got the brains and brawn to win.

Stephen said...

Geez, I was going to go with Ro-Man, but he seems a popular bet. I guess I'll have to go with... Mole Man. Yay, Mole Man!

Steven Altis said...

Godzilla has never let me down before and he won't let me down now. I'm putting all of my money on the Japanese import!

bettieblackchurch said...

Japanese import, eh? Hmmm...now it seems that I may not have thought about my initial choice enough. Do we get do-overs?

cheshirecat666 said...

Ro-Man gets my vote

Max the drunken severed head said...

I'm going with Saucerman too. The spirit of Paul Blaisdell will guide him to victory!

banner74 said...

Ro-Man

Bob said...

As much as I like Ro-Man, I'm picking The Fly.

Glen Mullaly said...

No matter who wins, I'm just waiting for the slew of Kanye West jokes afterward.

RO-MAN!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cyclops only needs one eye on the road!
Arpad
ill_lithid@yahoo.com

Dawn said...

Cyclops is going to win this race.

EmptyOne said...

I pick the FLY!

plasmashears said...

The FLY! (Insert dramatic theme music of your choice here)

Roadsidepictures said...

The Fly is going to win, hands down!

robin.g said...

Ro-Man! (not Polanski)

Erick said...

King Kong

Ghoul Friday said...

Even though he's been chosen over and over, I have to go with Ro-Man. He's my favourite of the bunch.

Wings1295 said...

I choose "Ro-Man"!

SEAN said...

King Kong!

Prof. Grewbeard said...

Cyclops, 'cause he's had enough!...

Bubbashelby said...

I'm voting for the Blob!

Paul Conrad said...

Saucerman! He's got the brains for it!

Tweedlebop said...

one more for GOJIRA!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

The frog queen likes The Fly - get it frogs eat flies? I so apologize for that one :D

Cool contest!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

The Blob!
Gaela aka Ginger<3
bwdupblondie@aol.com

Todd Franklin said...

The contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered. Be sure to watch the races every Tuesday and Thursday here at Weird Hollow.