Saturday, October 1, 2011

MONSTER HEAD RACES IV - WIN A SIGNED MAIL-ORDER MYSTERIES BOOK


Hey there race fans! Welcome to Monster Head Races IV! Once again eight famous monster heads have gathered to race in a bracket style challenge.


In a moment you’ll get a chance to pick your favorite monster noggin that you think will win the race tournament. First, let’s take a look at the prize we’re giving away!

This year you have a chance at winning this -


It’s the soon to be released (Oct. 11) Mail-Order Mysteries: Real Stuff from Old Comic Book Ads! by Kirk Demarais! As an added bonus, the book will be signed by Kirk D. himself! This book is amazing and it will quickly take you back to simpler times. Back to when you dreamed of ordering X-ray specs, life-size monsters and Sea Monkeys, but never did. Kirk has tracked down these seldom seen mail-order artifacts and compares the actual items to the comic book ads. Here's the book trailer -



Also as an added bonus the winner will receive an autographed photo of Vlad!

Now for the rotten rules -

In the comments section below, enter the name of the Monster Head that you think will win the tournament.


Last year Dr. Phibes won and so he’s back to defend his MHR title! (An appropriate appearance during the Vincentennial!) You can leave your entry in the comment section using Blogger, Google, OpeID. If you choose to use the Name or Anonymous way to comment, be sure to add your email address with your selection.

You can only enter here at Weird Hollow in this post’s comment section. Please do not enter your selection at any of the other Neato Coolville sites.

Pick one of these Monster Heads - Dr. Phibes, Medusa, Martian, She-Creature, Blacula, Teenage Frankenstein, Headless Horseman and Phantom of the Opera.

You must have your selection posted in the comments section by Oct. 10 at 11:59 p.m. Central time to eligible.

Only one guess per person.

This contest is open to all ages and all countries.

All seven races were filmed a few days ago and no one knows the outcome of any race except for me the mayor and Vlad and we’re not telling a soul!

If more than one person picks the winning Monster Head, we’ll throw the names of the people with the winning Monster Head into a cauldron and Vlad will randomly pick a winner. If no one picks the winning Monster Head, then we’ll pick a name from everyone who entered the contest.

The first race will air on Tuesday, October 11 right here on Weird Hollow followed by the other races every Thursday and Tuesday.

40 comments:

Patri said...

i vote for She-Creature!

Dex said...

I think the Headless Horseman will run away with it this year!

Erick said...

I'm going with Blacula.

Mike Middleton said...

Definitely Blacula.

EmptyOne said...

Teenage Frankenstein for the win!

Dan Goodsell said...

headless horseman by a nose

Scrapatorium said...

I'll go for the underdog, the Martian.

Kristi said...

I vote for Martian!

Matt @ B-Movie Blitzkrieg said...

I'm going with the Headless Horseman.

Wings1295 said...

My son chose Blacula for me!

Good luck to all of us!

Anonymous said...

I think Medusa is going to use her gorgonish wiles to literally leave the others standing stone still!

Shawn Robare said...

I totally hit enter too fast.

I think Medusa is going to use her gorgonish wiles to literally leave the others standing stone still!

Glen Mullaly said...

Martian, Martian, MARTIAN!!!

pensive pumpkin said...

Medusa. by at least 13 slithering tongues.

Anonymous said...

I vote for Headless Horseman. Always a classic.

John Rozum said...

Medusa, though I've been so terrible at picking the winner in the past that anyone else who picked Medusa may want to change their minds while they still can.

Dave Lowe said...

I'm going with the Martian!

RGBisMe said...

I vote for Martian, with the cool RGB eye.

Madbikerteknik said...

I think the Headless Horseman will win by a nose!

AWAgentX said...

Martian will win this year! it will be out of this world!

kungfubonanza said...

Put me down for Phantom of the Opera!

Looking forward to seeing Vlad soon!

highbury said...

I won last year with Phibes (so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to enter this year?), but I'm going to make it two in a row with Teenage Frankenstein. C'mon Franky!!

And c'mon Vlad!!

Bulldoggrrl said...

I vote for She-Creature!

Allen's Brain said...

Teenage Frankenstein, by a dangling eyeball!

Roadsidepictures said...

I think the Headless Horseman is going to win.

Tom Krohne said...

Blacula for me

Viking Wolf Woman said...

I'm going with Phantom.

Jason Wilson said...

Teenage Frankenstein.

Michael Jones said...

Definitely Blacula? He'll fly by the competition cuz he has more at stake.

Anonymous said...

I think She-Creature will win

Spookworks said...

Gotta be The Phantom of the Opera!

Fear Street said...

I'm casting my vote for the Headless Horseman.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

Teenage Frankenstein 'cause he's got an athlete's body...

Astronit said...

My favorite Martian.

Stephen said...

Martian's going to take it this year. Unless he catches a cold, that is.

Jack said...

Medusa! Maybe 10 heads will help.

Anonymous said...

I`ll place my trick or treat candy on Medusa. Richard - my email is squazbot@hotmail.com

Todd Franklin said...

The contest is now closed. Thanks for the entering and good luck!

jmichaelroddy said...

The Headless Horsemen by a head. Bwahhahahahahahhhaaaaaahaaahaaahaaaaaaaa!

Jack O Lantern said...

Awwe